Any alternative ideas to fullscreen popup-messages?

David Ford david at
Wed Jan 31 22:35:51 CET 2007

Tomasz Zielinski wrote:
> 2007/1/31, Bryan Fink <bryan.fink at>:
>> I think the first time it pops up while I'm doing something else
>> ("Mickey calling. Answer/Ignore/Reject?" while I'm putting something
>> on my calendar), and I accidentally click one of the buttons, I'm
>> going to be very annoyed.  I'd also be annoyed if I had to deal with
>> the dialog before going back to whatever I was doing.
> Well, this is the cellular phone, so it's main goal is calling. If you
> don't want to, just turn off GSM subsystem. Popup window from other
> (not-focused) application could lock touchscreen for 0.5 sec like many
> phones do with keyboard, so no one taps wrong button by mistake.
An area of the phone, i.e. a particular corner should be designated for
such events and other normal use buttons such as the current application
should try to avoid that area so inadvertent triggering would be minimised.