2-3 parallel solution to choose by the user? Re: Any alternative ideas to fullscreen popup-messages?

Steven Milburn steven.milburn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 23:27:10 CET 2007

I tend to be of the mentality that the phone is for my convenience, not
others.  Therefore, I like the ideas being suggested that incoming
calls/text messages/emails/etc are indicated by a simple, polite icon on a
status bar somewhere flashing for my attention.

If the application I'm running is screen or input-centric, the icon works
great, because I'm looking at the screen.  Also, in these applications, the
current ringer setting would also apply as a way to alert me to the call.

If the application is sound-based, like playing an audio file, I would think
the a nice pleasant and quick tone, like caller-ID uses, would suffice to
alert me.  If I take no action, perhaps I don't have the head phones on
right now, and the phone should use the ringer/vibrator after a couple

I really think in most circumstances, the ringer/vibrator on the phone is
enough to get one's attention, and all that is needed is a consistent place
to click to accept or reject the call.

(hmm, the Neo does have vibrate, right?)