An alternative gaming top case

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 04:00:30 CEST 2007

Sean,

Supposing some company decided to provide alternate case designs or add
on products for the neo1973, who do they need to talk to about branding
/ authorization to sell them to the public?

OR

Is it possible that FIC or the OpenMoko company will have a section on
their sales page supporting 3rd party add-ons, etc?

--Tim
On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:10, Robin Paulson wrote:
> well, i'm definitely interested in someone doing something like this -
> and my background is in CAD/engineering/materials with a bit of CAM,
> so i might as well start things off.
>
> i can't see any schematics/CAD drawings up on the wiki - can someone
> point me in the direction of accurate, precise drawings of the
> internals and the case?
>
> if not, then to sean:
> will FIC be releasing good engineering drawings of the component(s) or
> will we be going down the route of measuring hardware and drawing our
> own? if we are going the reverse-engineering route, is someone willing
> to whip out their micrometer and a decent (open-source) CAD package
> and make some up for us?
>
> On 7/2/07, Jeff Andros <jeff at bigredtj.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 7/1/07, Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  <snip>
>>>  want a case made from brass with diamonds inset, and a 200mm joystick
>>>  - go for for it.
>>>  <snip>
>> The real question is, how long before we see a really good steampunk
>> case?
>> anyone out there want to show off your 3D Cam skills and start putting
>> them
>> up for sale... I'd buy ( rapidobject.com was previously mentioned if
>> you
>> need a place to do the work)
>>
>> --
>> Jeff