Advertising/hype

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 07:07:28 CEST 2007

Kind of OT, but on the GPS thought... one thing it could do is map WiFi
hotspots to GPS coordinates automatically as you walk / drive around. That
way, for example, you could solve that problem of "not being able to easily
find WiFi hotspots" (which is the big thing against WiFi right now), since
you could just pull out the device and ask it where the nearest open hotspot
is. (Boom! There's one).

As for point of interest stuff... I don't think it would be too painful to
have an address book that also has GPS coordinates for your addresses, with
a little "set to current location" button that would tell the device that
said coordinates are said address. (And then the addresses could have tags,
such as Theatre, that the device could act on automatically).

Bye,
-Dylan McCall