public access point database

Don Park don.park at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:45:52 CEST 2007

On 7/2/07, Stuart Gray <randomelginguy at hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.wefi.com/ seems to be along that lines, the software they are
> using seems to be windows only at the moment though :(.  But maybe somebody
> could write and open source one that still has access to the Google Wifi

The http://www.wigle.net/ website has something closer to what you describe. Its
been around for years and has an active community uploading wifi tracking
logs. Its  free to use and make queries from, short of downloading
the entire database.

Moving away from wifi for a moment, I think a personal location
service would be a
frequently requested app. Twitter.com could be used as a place to store
lat/long records using its L:<location> feature.

Don