New Oceans

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200707 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 20:17:55 CEST 2007

> Also I think that distributors will get the devices cheaper, maybe at $400
> or $350. So the chances to get the device for 450 or less on the free
> market are high.

My guess is that the only difference between the phase 1 and 2 pricing
is the inclusion of the distributor's share in the phase 2 pricing.
Distributors in these parts seem to get electronics around ~66% of
list price.  This is exactly the $300/$450 split one sees in the
phase1/phase2 pricing.  I don't think this is a coincidence.

If FIC does manage to get Ingram Micro or some other large distributor
to carry the Neo, I would expect to start to seeing a street price
much closer $300.

-wolfgang
IPv6 on Fedora 7 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/fedora/ipv6-tunnel.html