An alternative gaming top case

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:25:05 CEST 2007

On 7/3/07, Tim Newsom <cephdon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a 3d scanner that I am planning to employ for building models if
> no one gets to it before I do.
> I would be interested in finding out which formats people think should
> be used for the models.. Also, assuming I can get things together what
> is the interest level for case kits and other accessories?

excuse my ignorance, but do you mean a 3d scanner as in a device for
measuring a 3d object?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_scanner

if you do, and have a Neo, that would be awesome. any chance of using
it to produce an electronic model of the case that you could share
with us?

as for formats - i presume you mean file formats. something open like
.blend would be good, or more commonly, .stl:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STL_(file_format), those are accepted by
pretty much every 3d modeller out there