Custom case designs...

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:49:33 CEST 2007

That's not necessarily true.. Look at plastic bottles.
Clear soda bottles are fairly strong and not nearly as brittle as some
other clear plastics.  Plus, that plastic is useful as injection
material.

Plus, if it were cheap enough to get new cases, most people would not
care if they dropped or scratched one for a while as it would be easily
replaced.

--Tim

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:37, Jeffrey Thomas wrote:
>>  Maybe we should have like transparent ("see-through") casing.
> Ah, but transparent plastic is always more brittle than coloured
> plastics...  I would hate my Neo cracking as easily as a CD case...
>

> On Tuesday 03 July 2007 11:35:57 Shakthi Kannan wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  On 7/3/07, Ben Burdette <bburdette at comcast.net> wrote:
>>  > Case modding for phones, cool.
>>
>>  Maybe we should have like transparent ("see-through") casing. Why do
>>  we need closed cases for open hardware and software?
>>
>>  SK
>>

> --
> Jeffrey Thomas
>   Sierra Bravo