GPS can work stand-alone (Re: Advertising/hype)

Nick Johnson arachnid at notdot.net
Tue Jul 3 23:09:19 CEST 2007

On 7/3/07, Urivan Saaib <saaib at ciberlinux.net> wrote:
> I noticed the freebase.com website requires invitation, do you have access
> to it? Also, the license of the service is free for non-commercial only, do
> you have any considerations in this topic? How will this affect the
> adoption of new developments?

I have an invite. When it goes beta, accounts won't be required for
read-only access, and when it goes release, accounts will be free for
the taking. My undestanding RE: use is that all the content is
Creative Commons licensed, so it shouldn't be an issue.

> Also, custom metadata repositories and replication (commercial services) do
> not seem feasible with freebase.com.

What do you mean? I was thinking of this as a sort of mobile,
location-based wikipedia.

-Nick Johnson