Benchmarks

thomas.cooksey at bt.com thomas.cooksey at bt.com
Wed Jul 4 11:48:44 CEST 2007

Hello all,

Over at the SVHMPC, we have been benchmarking application processors.
The main drive for this is that I have been working on a Freescale
i.MX31 processor (based on an ARM11 core) and wanted to see how it
performs compared to the competition. So far we have benchmarks for a
400Mhz PXA255, 600Mhz PXA270 and 530Mhz i.MX31. I would very much like
to see how the S3C2410 and SC32442 used in the GTA01 and GTA02 stack up
against the others. We may also be getting results from someone with a
PXA320. If you're interested, could someone with a GTA01 (and GTA02 if
possible) please compile & run the benchmark?

We're using the nbench software as it's easy to cross-compile. nbench is
available at http://www.tux.org/~mayer/linux/bmark.html.

I've posted the results we have so far on our wiki,
http://hbmobile.org/wiki/index.php?title=Application_Processor_Benchmark

These are preliminary results and currently do not match what others
have found, so some tweaking might be needed (especially on the
i.MX31!!!).

I look forward to adding more results as they come in.

Cheers,

Tom