IM application and other questions

Nick Johnson arachnid at notdot.net
Thu Jul 5 22:01:33 CEST 2007

On 7/6/07, Ian Stirling <OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com> wrote:
> richard5 at email.arizona.edu wrote:
> > First off I just wanted to say I am extremely excited for Monday's release and I
> > hope I can get my order in for the first batch.  Been following this project
> > since it was announced in November.  Since then I've compiled a couple
> > different questions I was hoping you guys can help me out with.
> >
> > 1.  Is the IM application SMS based or data plan based?
>
> What were you planning to code?
> Semi-serious. There isn't one.

Is anyone more familiar with OpenMoko and the Neo able to give a quick
overview of what's involved? Am I right in assuming that all that's
required is a UI and an understanding of the AT commands to send and
receive SMS messages?

If so, I may have a go at this myself if nobody else gets in first. :)

-Nick Johnson