community Digest, Vol 34, Issue 38

Mikko J Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Jul 6 14:25:37 CEST 2007

On pe, 2007-07-06 at 07:56 -0400, Michael Sersen wrote:
> Does anyone know if there will be a discount on the 2nd gen models,
> for those who buy the 1st round?  Personally, I'd shell out the cash
> now if I knew I'd get a breakdown when the consumer model hits the
> streets.

*sigh*

As Sean clearly said in his previous announcement (which is on-line at
http://openmoko.com/ ), "We've decided that instead of setting up a
complicated return or tracking system to remember who gets a discount
for GTA02, we going to give you _all_ a discount on GTA01."

So no, you won't get a discount on the GTA02. However, the GTA01 is $300
instead of the previously announced $350.

--
Mikko J Rauhala <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi>
University of Helsinki