How many women on OpenMoko?

Colin A. White colinaw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 20:25:46 CEST 2007

wow... an unnecessarily hostile response.

It goes a long way to explaining why the answer to the OP is "girls = 1".

You don't need to be a Human Factors expert to know that men and women
respond differently to design cues. For all the men on this list to assume
that women are going to love their UI design work is a naive mistake.

On 7/5/07, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, london cowgirl wrote:
>
> > It's important that OpenMoko is designed with both sexes in mind
> (especially since women love to talk to so much).
>
> Are you trying to fight a prejudice by using a prejudice (even if meant
> jokingly)?
>
> The "women in technology" debate is about the extra effort women have to
> put in, and extra shit they have to endure, to be seen as equal to male
> developers. It is not about the Readers Digests prejudice of "women talk
> more on the phone" or the "different design of a GUI based on gender".
>
> Paul
>

> > So a quick show of hands - how many women do we have following the
> OpenMoko project?
> >
> > Carla

> > No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go
> > with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.
> > http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
>
> --
> Building and integrating Virtual Private Networks with Openswan:

Colin A. White
---
E : colinaw at gmail.com
M : +44 (0)208 123 5898