Ripples on Contact

Jeff Andros jeff at
Sat Jul 7 21:01:52 CEST 2007

Could be really cool, especially as a reply to the iphone people (iphone
guy: I've got multitouch! me: my phone ripples, and when I close a window it
lights on fire(isn't blowing mac people's minds what beryl's for?)) but I
really think it's something that should be able to turn off REALLY quick...
something that would get annoying very fast.

as for performance, the version released october-ish was announced to have a
graphics accellerator onboard... if you can offload your effect to that,
shouldn't be a problem

really makes you wonder about a version of beryl for mobile devices... you
could create a lot of effects... as long as it's as easy to switch back and
forth, I'm a fan