Ripples on Contact

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Sat Jul 7 21:01:52 CEST 2007

Sudarshan,

Could be really cool, especially as a reply to the iphone people (iphone
guy: I've got multitouch! me: my phone ripples, and when I close a window it
lights on fire(isn't blowing mac people's minds what beryl's for?)) but I
really think it's something that should be able to turn off REALLY quick...
something that would get annoying very fast.

as for performance, the version released october-ish was announced to have a
graphics accellerator onboard... if you can offload your effect to that,
shouldn't be a problem

really makes you wonder about a version of beryl for mobile devices... you
could create a lot of effects... as long as it's as easy to switch back and
forth, I'm a fan

On 7/7/07, Sudharshan S <sudharsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I got this idea of a small eye candy after having a look at beryl. How
> about when, someone touches the touchscreen ripples get generated with
> the point of contact as the centre. Am not sure how useful this could be
> but, i feel this would be a nice "fluidy" feedback to the onscreen
> keyboard. Given the FPU on the neo, I am also curious what kind of
> performance deteriotation we are looking at and the difficulty level in
> implementing such a hack.
>
> Regards
> Sudharshan S
> http://www.sudharsh.wordpress.com