Annoying but inevitable

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200707 at
Sun Jul 8 18:02:20 CEST 2007

Attila Csipa
<plists at> writes:
> What I find odd is that nobody considers that some users would WILLINGLY
> have/watch ads on their phone, depending on their plan, in exchange for
> better rates, rewards, whatever. You don't have to eliminate the ads, you can
> also eliminate the reasons to eliminate ads :)

The part that is remarkable about ads in general is how little the
advertisers are only willing to pay one.  The annoyance the ads cause
to the viewer far exceed the value of the ad to the site hosting them.

For example, banner type online ads only generate one or two
milli-cents per viewing.  Most folks would gladly pay a penny to not
see the next 1,000 ads.

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
IPv6 on Fedora 7