problems and this list

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200707 at
Sun Jul 8 19:22:43 CEST 2007

"Flemming Richter Mikkelsen"
<quatrox at> writes:
> I mean, if the message could not be delivered to some of the email
> addresses, the server will retransmit the mail until it get delivered (max
> time of 4 days)

The problem appears to be that gmail and the remote mail server differ
in their opinion whether the mail has been received correctly or not.
The only way to see what is going on under the hood is to do the
packet traces I suggested in my first message.  The header lines or
log lines folks posted don't really give that any information as to
why gmail thinks the message needs to be retransmitted.  Most
interesting would be seeing how long it takes between the time gmail
sends the SMTP data and the time the remote servers send the "250 OK".

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
IPv6 on Fedora 7