gmail.com problems and this list

David Ford david at blue-labs.org
Sun Jul 8 19:36:08 CEST 2007

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> David Ford <david at blue-labs.org> writes:
>
>> The log that I posted showed the initial retransmit happening within
>> google's gmail servers.
>>

> The log you showed is exactly want I'd expect if gmail timed out due
> to a slow "250" reply to the data phase of the SMTP (eg. the final OK
> didn't happen quickly enough for its liking.)  Or am I missing
> something?
>
> -wolfgang

You're missing something.  point A is origin, point B is gmail, point C
is gmail, point D is destination.  From point B to point C is where
resending is happening.  gmail-B keeps resending to gmail-C who then
sends it to the destination.

I'm getting dupes from everybody sending mail via gmail.  Dupes to the
list and dupes from person to person.

-david