Get them while they're still hot!

Lucas Maneos openmoko at subs.maneos.org
Mon Jul 9 03:28:46 CEST 2007

> Today is the day that we've all been waiting for: We can finally take
> your order for the world's first freed phone.

First of all, congratulations and thanks for all the hard work you guys
put into making this happen!

I'm really itching to order an Advanced, but I've got a couple of
questions:

- I'm wary of entering credit card details on a site with a self-signed
  SSL certificate without verification.  You may already know this, but
  you can get free-beer signed certificates from CAcert
  (<http://www.cacert.org/>) in minutes with a minimal amount of hassle.
  Failing that, could you at least post the certificate's fingerprints
  in another medium (PGP-signed to this list would be great for example)?

- Shipping to Europe: is there any info on how long the various options
  (WORLDWIDE_EXPEDITED/SAVER/WORLDWIDE_EXPRESS) take?  There's not much
  difference in the cost, but as I'll be away in GUADEC all next week
  I'd like to pick an option that won't have the package bounce back to
  FIC because I'm not here to collect it. (Hey, I don't suppose you can
  deliver some Neos to GUADEC?)

Thanks,
Lucas