Annoying but inevitable

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Mon Jul 9 10:35:36 CEST 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 09:36, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> > What I find odd is that nobody considers that some users would WILLINGLY
> > have/watch ads on their phone, depending on their plan, in exchange for
> > better rates, rewards, whatever. You don't have to eliminate the ads, you
> > can also eliminate the reasons to eliminate ads :)
>
> Sure there might be some of those. Heck I might submit to that. But the
> problem is that you can't ensure that people actually watch the ads. They
> could even download them, then simply not display them with a small patch!

You've got a point there, but that is a different issue altogether - I'm
talking about if that would happen if the ads were actually useful ? I for
example routinely block flash and large banner ads, but I generally keep most
of the google ads because sometimes they actually contain something I'm
interested in. So IMHO the question is if the ads can get targeted and
interesting enough so people would actually watch them (or at least keep
those who break their own agreements a minority).