What about receiving an invoice for Neo?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Thu Jul 12 15:40:44 CEST 2007

> I work for a company that want to purchase 3 handsets (including 2
> adv boxes) but in the registration form there's no place for our
> tax ID number. Does anybody know how can we receive an invoice for
> these phones, so we can exclude costs from our tax?

I guess since they send from the US to the EU, there is no VAT
charged by the US tax authorities you could ask to get back.

But there are EU import duties to pay when it arrives in Poland. In
Germany this is the same amount as the local VAT and I would assume
the same for Poland. Your bookkeeping can get that back from your
local tax authorities if you are using the devices commercially. If
you sell them to others you have to charge the VAT again...

> I'm responsible for ordering phones but I cannot do it until I know
> how to receive invoices. I wrote on sales at openmoko.com and even
> directly to Sean, but no-one responded. I suppose that people at
> OpenMoko.com have very busy time.

I think they will and must write an invoice in US$. Otherwise UPS
would not accept it for export. Most probably the printed invoice is
packed with your OpenMoko into the same envelope or parcel box.

All this is quite unclear on the openmoko.com page - but I think they
are a small team trying to satisfy everybody but have priority to get
and fulfill orders. So, a more precise description of delivery terms
and conditions is probably work in progress...

When I look at all those comments on the shipping cost, they should
probably have choosen an experienced interim purchasing point in
Europe. Someone who would have received e.g. 300 of the devices
handling all the import duties issues once and reshipped from some EU
location. And he/she could have handled all these EU payment and
taxation issues separately.