Charging the NEO1973

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 17:04:58 CEST 2007

Tim

> > According to the wiki, charging the battery is always done through the USB
> socket.  Does that mean that the NEO is only chargable from a computer

I have tried charging from other methods (generic cigarette-lighter to
mini usb, solar cell, crank charger) and none of them currently work
for fast charging. They may work for the slow charge, but the slow
charge is too slow to be useful.

The wiki says the neo "could" do a fast charging from these
non-host-computer usb ports by trying to pull 500mA when the host does
not respond for 30 seconds, but as of about a week ago, the
development image does not implement this trick.

I might cut open a usb cable and put in the pull-down resistor to see
if that works.

Brad