Charging the NEO1973

Steven Milburn steven.milburn at
Thu Jul 12 17:32:20 CEST 2007

I wouldn't bother cutting  your cable.  Right now, the neo will only switch
to 500mA charging when it is successfully enumerated as a high-power
device.  The only way you'll get it to fast charge from a power-only source,
will be to change the software to something like you mentioned.  It
shouldn't need to take 30 seconds though.  Once the neo attempts enumeration
(by pulling up on D+ with a 1k resistor), the host should issue a usb reset
(single-ended zero) within 500ms.  If that doesn't happen, there is no host.