GTA02 Board only option in October?

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Thu Jul 12 18:37:10 CEST 2007

Brad Pitcher wrote:
> But what are you guys planning on doing with the old board at that
> point?  Throw it away?  I would suggest keeping the old phone intact and
> just selling it when you get the new phone.  You should get a pretty
> good discount that way.  And that way there are more neos out there
> circulating and that's better for everyone.

At that time there will be absolutely no shortage - the current plan is
for P1 to continue to be available right up to Oct, in as high a volume
as is required. Even thousands/day.

Personally.
At that time, I'd reuse the Neo board into something.

Add a USB NIC and a USB power supply, and it's an audio streaming box,
for example.

This is also for other reasons.
Spares.
If I screw my 01/02 by trying to solder it, I want to buy another PCB.
If I break the USB jack off the board by misusing it, the same.