TomTom (was Re: [Nederlanders opgelet] Dutch newspaper blog about OpenMoko phone)

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Thu Jul 12 22:45:18 CEST 2007

> Also, I guess when the author says navigational software shouldn't be a
> problem because TomTom runs Linux, he's wrong, right? (That was a weird
> sentence)

Some or all of the commercial TomTom units run Linux internally, and,
they have software-only products (e.g., I think this is what Palm
resells for some Treo models). Putting that together, one can predict
that TomTom *might* offer an Arm-Linux-Based software-only product that
would work on OpenMoko, when the volume sales of OpenMoko are there.