Concern for usability and ergonomics

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Fri Jul 13 17:25:26 CEST 2007

Several weeks ago Sean wrote:
> I totally agree with your points. Please keep in mind that this was our
> first design. And that we are using an ID design that simply wasn't made
> for what this project has become.  It was originally designed for a
> completely different usage scenario.

I just came across this mail and thought of something: "not necessarily
bad". The Java language and runtime was originally designed for a
completely different usage scenario. The Oak language (renamed to Java
in 1995) was designed to write the code in set-top TV boxes. Yet it went
on to almost totally conquer the large corporation enterprise server
market.  Reuse can work well...