GTA02 Board only option in October?

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Sat Jul 14 03:40:48 CEST 2007

Rod Whitby writes:
>Is there anyone who is involved in hardware development and seriously
believes that the cost of an upgrade board (which necessarily will
have all the stuff like the LCD attached to it, cause they are not
end-user replaceable parts) will be any cheaper than the cost of a
whole phone?

Why won't the LCD be a user-replaceble part?  It certainly was in my
old Palm III; the screens I've encountered in the past have connected
to their devices with a, well, connector!

>The stuff that is not replaced is just some bits of plastic ...

Also, of course, there won't be a need for a new microSD nor
batteries...