A little bad press? "OpenMoko already facing difficulties?"

Mickael Faivre-Macon faivrem at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 10:53:16 CEST 2007

I think that
- most of the openmoko related blog readers now are developpers. They
like to be informed of what kind of difficulties developers are facing
right now. They (we) can be patient. I like to read positive news, but
if truth is not made clear in the blogs, I would begin to think this
device not is not as open as it claims to be :)
- the success of this phone will go through mass marketing and
selling, and most of buyers will *not* read blogs or negative press
coverage that had happen before.

my 0.02 euros,
Mickael
Toulouse, France

On 7/13/07, Simon <simon.xhz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Blogging imo, is all about marketing, and whether it is positive or
> negative, still imo, all that counts is the size of the impact.  Think
> of scandals, do they do any real damages to those stars?  They're
> still quite much in business!
>
> Also, the fact that negative aspect of this quest for freedom is being
> shared, is so you can feel the reality of the challenge too.  All in
> all, these are all secret techniques to induce genuine happiness in
> all of you who are waiting! =)
>
> Simon
>
> On 7/13/07, Mohammed Musallam <musallam001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I agree no one should panic. But the guys at openmoko should take their
> > blogs more seriously and stop putting frustrations. remember alot of eyes
> > are upon them these days. they should put their best foot up front. (i think
> > thats how it goes ;)) and look more professional to be taken seriously.
> >
> > thats my 0.02$

Mickael.
Coding an AI ! http://faivrem.googlepages.com/antbattle