Finally I received another response from OpenMoko Shop

Ben shadroth at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 05:22:44 CEST 2007

I cancelled my order after getting this email, for a few reasons:

1. I'm not a developer - I'm learning Python, but there isn't even
bindings yet, and this release is for developers of the phone, not
developers of stuff for the phone.

2. I get the impression that there has been a *lot* of orders and the
real developers will have trouble getting theirs promptly.

3. It can't even be used to make phone calls/ carry around (poor
battery life) due to incomplete software, so I really would have no
use for it.

4. I get the impression that this device is going to be somewhat
ignored when the mass market version is released - hence the warnings
and the discount.

I was just trying to support the project, and I would still like to
see the development evolving, but I'm sure I'll be able to do that via
list list.

Here's to Neo 2!

Cheers,

Ben