X Server MultiTouch Support

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Sun Jul 15 10:30:32 CEST 2007

On Saturday 14 July 2007 21:47:28 Brandon Kruse wrote:
> I agree Joshua.
>
> Have seen this vid awhile back, it would be great. We all the onscreen
> keyboard wont be so great with single touch, its just a fact.
>

> Something like this would change everything, and, as mentioned in the
> article, would make it so that you could use compiz also?
>
> A cube on your phone? It would be just plain insane.

I would rather see a more integrated approach, like clutter based widgets.
(see also the flickr example app those guys made).

Applications are usually fullscreen on a PDA/phone, which makes a window
manager (and effects on that level) much less prominent. However, it would be
useful for alpha blended menus and dialog screens, and an Expose-like
taskswitcher would be great of course!