well, that didn't take long

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Sun Jul 15 15:10:26 CEST 2007

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 23:31 -0600, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>
>>A Neo is being offered on ebay.  With a buy-it-now price of $416.00.
>>
>>Item No. 170129612124
>>
>>Let's hope the top bid is, oh, $150.
>

> http://tinyurl.com/35bkor
>
> Hmmm - claims to have 4, no mention of the limited
> functionality/developer-only caveats, and AFAIK the developer models
> have yet to actually ship - so apparently ordered and is re-selling
> before having them in-hand.  This may well ruin his 100% positive
> ratings.

If it is in fact his ratings.
Have a quick look.
Yes - the account has been active since 2001.
The account has been completely idle since 2005 - apart from one phone
sale in febuary.
Multiple quantity.
Immediate payment required.

I would say there is a better than 50% chance that the account has been
taken over 2-3 weeks ago. Note the low-value probe transaction buying
invites then.

Add a fraudulent paypal account, and if they all sell, then he can push
the money to a bank account under his control, and away he walks with
$1600 or so.
Some buyers may be able to claim refunds under paypal buyer protection.