Reason for openmoko - bugsafe?

Simon simon.xhz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 16:15:08 CEST 2007

> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/92713

Sorry cant read deutsch (yet)...  =)

You realize the communication is going from your phone to a network to
another phone, right?
Usually the Mafia will put a bug locally in your house, your phone, etc...
The police will bug the network through which your conversation pass through.

The only way to prevent this (other than by law*) is to encrypt the
conversation, but then you need the transmitting phone and receiving
pone to be "encryption" capable.  Nothing the Neo can do... (but Neo
to Neo could do it!)  Also, if playing with encryption, i'd really do
it over TCP/IP rather than VOICE to avoid the interference.

*In my country (Canada), no one is allowed to bug me in any way unless
they have a warrant, and usually such a warrant is given for big time
criminals only.  If i would know i was bugged by the police for no
reason, i would sue, win, and retire!

Simon