Reason for openmoko - bugsafe?

Lars Hallberg lah at micropp.se
Sun Jul 15 18:35:46 CEST 2007

David "Lefty" Schlesinger skrev:
> Okay, not to put too fine a point on it, but this is possibly the
> silliest reason ever for choosing one phone over another. Cell phone
> communications are transmitted via radio, and are trivial to eavesdrop
> on with the right equipment.

I think the issue is if the phone can bug *any* conversation You have
when the phone is around, not only phone conversations. That is a valid
concern. And I believe Neo can be safe if we make sure to use the mixer
to turn of the mic/speaker connection to the gsm chip while there is no
active phonecall... That is... unless ti have a mic on the gsm chip :-)

/LaH