Support for Left handers

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 21:31:55 CEST 2007

Sorry,
I meant to send this to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com>
Date: Jul 15, 2007 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: Support for Left handers
To: Ian Stirling <OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com>

On 7/15/07, Ian Stirling <OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com> wrote:
> Alexander Gabriel wrote:
> > I am colorblind and I would really appreaciate it if the UI wouldn't
> > rely on red vs. green to distinguish things like online/offline users
>
> To an extent.
> With a device this small, removing a significant part of the colour
> gamut that can be used for distingushing states is a bad thing.
> Sometimes it's practical to do this, and where it can be done it's a
> good thing.

Please - don't talk about removing things (like color).
Just use your imagination - if you are making an indicator (offline /
online for example), think about other ways you can make the state of
the indicator visible in _addition_ to color.
An offlline indicator could have a "broken" image, or an image with a
cross or a stop sign over it for example.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen