Again: Advertising thoughts

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Mon Jul 16 10:55:50 CEST 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007 09:38:11 ramsesoriginal wrote:
> only one with ...." "The OpenMoko: now with builtin navigator" and so on.
> Don't even THINK of using "based on Linux Kernel 2.6.xx" or "With powerful
> ssh acess"

Not sure that's well spent money really: Linux using people generally read
Linux related sites and all pretty much of them have covered Neo multiple
times already and will very well do again if you only politely ask them. Or
even send them a review unit with the clear message that this is not yet a
mass market product. Essentially you can rely on word of mouth there, I
believe. The vision behind the product is powerful enough so that people who
understand and care about it will promote it anyhow.

As for the tech savvy ones: much the same applies, but you need to focus on
different sites. Give a few units to respected tech sites and they will do
the job much better than we can (heck, Ars will do so anyway as will do
Slashdot). Once the more geek oriented sites have covered it, move onto the
mass market sites a la cnet.

And most importantly get units out where people can play with them!