Galileo

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon Jul 16 17:45:29 CEST 2007

ma, 2007-07-16 kello 17:09 +0200, Mickael Faivre-Macon kirjoitti:
> Do you know the European GPS called Galileo available in 2008 ?
> I do not know this technology (GPS) and I wonder if the two are
> compatible and if having a AGPS chip ("Hammerhead") enable the Neo to
> receive Galileo information.

No.

There have been combined GPS/Galileo chip(set)s announced, but the
Hammerhead isn't one. Something for the future of OpenMoko devices, one
dares suppose. Not really something to pay extra money/space/etc for
when launching a new product line now, considering GPS manages quite
fine and Galileo isn't here yet.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>