this phone, with WiFi

Clay Williams claytonw at media.mit.edu
Sun Jul 15 23:56:19 CEST 2007

Quoting Christian Fischer <christian_tud_ist at yahoo.de>:

> Doug Jones schrieb:
>
>> Assuming one has an appropriate cable, and assuming one can find some
>> way to get power into the thing, it ought to be possible to make it work
>> with the Neo.  (The Neo that is hopefully shipping next week, the one
>> without built-in WiFi.)
>
> The USB-Bus Device is unpowered. It uses external Power for Battery
> Charging.
>
> So try to make your own 5V supply.
>

> Christian

If you do decide to go this route (building a 5V supply), you can power
it from
the neo's 3.7V battery with an LM2621 chip from national semiconductor. It
claims to have 87% efficiency converting 3.6V to 5V with a 500 mA load. Does
anyone know what kind of current a USB WLAN card draws?

The chip also has a "shut-down" mode in which it draws very little current.

I may try this in the near future, since I am interested in using other USB
devices.

Another option is a battery powered USB hub, like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Cyberpower-CP-H420MP-USB-Hub-Battery-Powered/dp/B0002UQALQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-0418222-6824926?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1184536302&sr=8-1

Anybody know if that'll work? I'm just starting on this project...

-Clay