Hardware/Software UI Relationship

David Duardo dduardo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 18:58:13 CEST 2007

I was actually thinking of a linearized rotary dial. You basically have
a scrollbar on one the side of the screen. All you would do is drag the
slider down until you see the character you want and then let go. The
slider will then spring back to the top.

Perhaps using text prediction you can have the slider lock into slots
that are more likely, making easier to find the character you want.