Free OpenMoko...

michael at michaelshiloh.com michael at michaelshiloh.com
Tue Jul 17 20:13:13 CEST 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Ted Lemon wrote:

> Has anyone seen this?
>
> http://www.freeopenmoko.com/
>
> Weird, huh?

Wow. That is super weird.

Did you follow the "click here to start" link? It seems to be a front to
something called "ezyrewards". My guess is that it's a phishing website,
collecting addresses for resale to spammers.

What's really interesting is that OpenMoko made it on to their radar. They
probably skim off the top x of digg, /., and other such techie things.

What really sucks is that they own the domain. I wonder if we should grab
freeopenmoko.org as a precaution. (and .net, etc., but where do you draw the
line?)

Michael