projects of interest?

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 20:22:55 CEST 2007

On 17 Jul 2007, at 18:58, Daniel Robinson wrote:

> What are the projects of interest for people?
>
> I am interested in working on kid's phones.  I have wanted a kid's
> phone that was not as brain-dead as the phones that are currently
> targeted at children.  I like that the Neo1973 has a secure tether
> point.  I want the phone to be tethered to my kid's backpack or
> clothing so it can't be lost or stolen.
>
> In terms of software, I want to work on GPS related things.  It
> would be good to know where my kids are and when they exit certain
> zones, e.g., school.

Many things, many are probably beyond me in terms of writing from
scratch but porting or adapting existing code may be possible.

We need a good use for GPS, I want something like Tomtom but this
probably won't be possible for a while.

Guitar FX would be fun.

MOD and SID Players.

A port of Mame, UAE, Frodo.

Bluetooth HID and control.

Using a Wii remote to control the phone.

Bluetooth keyboard support.