this phone, with WiFi

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Jul 17 23:35:24 CEST 2007

ti, 2007-07-17 kello 21:47 +0200, Visti Andresen kirjoitti:
> And finally one more sour lemon, as far as I remember this version of the
> Neo only has USB 1. That will limit the maximum network speed to 11Mb/s
> and that even before deducting USB protocol and driver waste of bits...

I don't know if you were planning on transferring large files routinely
to and from the Neo, but for most purposes this really wouldn't be a
major bottleneck.

Actually, I wonder how the AR6K chip is going to be interfaced in GTA02.
The BT is currently behind the SoC's USB interface. I could see the WiFi
part accompanying that perhaps. Or not. (Hmm, couldn't find specs for
the new SoC right now to check its USB capabilities.)

Incidentally there are also downsides to having the BT behind USB, since
the SoC apparently needs not to be in low power mode when it's in use.
Probably usually not a biggie, since you're often actually doing
something when you need it, but eg. using the Neo as a BT GPS probably
would apparently be otherwise feasible with a bit less of a drain.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>