projects of interest?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 00:12:59 CEST 2007

On 7/17/07, Giles Jones <giles.jones at zen.co.uk> wrote:
> We need a good use for GPS, I want something like Tomtom but this

How about POI[1] tracking?
Simple idea: when the Neo user enters a POI, she or he presses a
button (read: starts a program), the GPS waypoint is recorded, perhaps
the program asks about a name / refence for the POI, then the waypoint
and other data is sent to the user's preferred server (using GPRS, SMS
or whatever comms is possible) for storage.
Possible uses: can be combined with Google Maps or something like that
to give other people an idea of the "travel route" you have followed.

When there is an OpenMoko phone with WLAN, info about any currently
usable WLANs can also be sent

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_of_interest
--
Regards,