projects of interest? - mebot

Emre Turkay emreturkay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 15:05:05 CEST 2007

I'm planning to use it to implement a GTD[1] utility.

Imagine an application showing an action to do. There are three
buttons, "done" (I've done it delete from the queue), "defer" (defer
it to a later time), "cancel" (there is no need to do this anymore, or
it requires further thinking). When any one of these buttons is
clicked the next action item brought forward.

Now, imagine, combining this with GPS. In this case, it shows me stuff
I should do at home, when I'm home and stuff I should do at work, when
I'm at work. Pop up my feed-reader when I'm traveling, etc.

Consider there is a simple market-list application, in which I note
the stuff I need to buy from market, time to time. When I approach to
the market moko starts an audio alert and tells me to stop by the
market to buy stuff. When I enter the market automatically pops up my
market list.

I'm thinking about a plug-in architecture so you can extend this idea
as far as it goes, bugzilla integration, mail client integration, web
browser integration, integration with an outliner/mindmapper, project
planner, tomboy, etc. Every new plug-in will open a door to another
cool idea.

Started to write it a couple weeks ago, got a sourceforge account[2].
There is a very trivial demonstration application on subversion and as
a tarball download.

If there is anybody interested I would love to discuss.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gtd
[2] http://mebot.sourceforge.net

emre