Possible App - Security

Visti Andresen talpa at galnet.dk
Wed Jul 18 15:51:42 CEST 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:36:56 +0100
COMINT <comint at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I'm interested in putting together an encryption app to allow secure
> voice calls over the GSM data call facility.
>
> I'm looking for one or more people that would be interested in working
> together to get something running on the neo.
>
> If anyone is interested please drop me an email.
>
> Kind regards

Interesting application currently not the most use full app
(there are not that many phones, they haven't even shipped yet :)

I would recommend that the application also supported using TCP/IP for
sending data.
Could cut down the phone bills quite dramatically.
And besides its only the transport pipe that needs to be changed.

The phone could for instance perform a GSM data call and try to negotiate
a TCP/IP address and port if both phones has a network connection.

I have poked around building a WoIP application (without compression)
it worked relatively well even though it is very simple.
The most important missing feature was missing synchronisation between the
audio stream (to compensate for slightly different clock speeds)

Btw. I would also like to mention that almost an eon ago I have build a
Linux/palm whiteboard application (drawing on a common canvas).

I don't know if it was the data connection or perhaps the Palm V or even
my fault, but there were horrible ping times (latency) on the connection.
Therefor I would start by creating a tiny "GSM data ping" application