projects of interest?

Jason Elwell elwell at smartlp.com
Wed Jul 18 18:43:34 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 11:34:52 Tom Russell wrote:
> I want to be able to script (in Python?) a simple app that, when I sit
> down at my desk @ work, turns the ringer to vibrate and sends any
> incoming call notifications to my Linux desktop for visual display or
> ringtones through my PC headphones.

I like the idea, but I see one potential problem.  AFAIK, the phone is not
capable of using the GSM-Voice and the GPRS Modem at the same time.  This
means that you could not make a GPRS connection to your desktop while a call
is coming in (i think).
A work around may be to use bluetooth or wifi to communicate with your
desktop.

Of course, there shouldnt be anything stopping you from doing a missed-call
notification once the incoming call has passed.

-Jason