ExpansionSpacer

Doug Jones dj6mf at frombob.to
Wed Jul 18 18:53:11 CEST 2007

Eric van Horssen wrote:
> Doug Jones wrote:
>> Well, here is a single part that would make it much easier to try out
>> WiFi antennas, other kinds of antennas, all kinds of random hardware...
>>
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wishlist:ExpansionSpacer
>>
> I think this is a great idea!!
>
> Just a small observation, isn't the battery being held in place by the
> back?
> So we need to make sure when using a spacer to keep the battery in place.

There are lots of other details that would need to be worked out too.

I don't have the blueprints for the existing Neo case, and it may be a
while before I have a phone to measure, so I had to make do with the
photos and other information already in the wiki and the lists and so forth.

I figure we'll eventually be able to design something much better than
what I can cobble up in a few hours with Krita and the Gimp.