projects of interest?

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Wed Jul 18 19:50:57 CEST 2007

some of this is implemented by FMA (http://fma.sourceforge.net/), however,
it's about as stable and reliable as a good hotrod.  Some of the problems
are probably due to the closed software on the phone, and I really commend
those guys for what they've done.  Since we have access to the phone's os,
it should be really simple to get it to cooperate with the desktop software.

Anyways, I'm a fan (it was so nice back in school, I could have my ringer
off in class and still see who was calling without jumping around trying to
get my phone out of my pocket)

(you may also be able to use a USB connection as a fall-back... bluetooth
and wifi aren't always available depending on your location/machine)

On 7/18/07, Tom Russell <tmrussell at fedex.com> wrote:

> I want to be able to script (in Python?) a simple app that, when I sit
> down at my desk @ work, turns the ringer to vibrate and sends any
> incoming call notifications to my Linux desktop for visual display or
> ringtones through my PC headphones.
>
> --
> Tom

Jeff