ringtones?

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 22:57:12 CEST 2007

On 18 Jul 2007, at 21:48, Jeff Andros wrote:

> it might be worth while to have no other notification except a
> script fired off when the call comes in (think SVN hooks)  It would
> allow you to customize logging(fork off a call log script), and
> make it really easy for other applications to provide call-based
> services ( I.E. if the call is not answered in 30 seconds, and wifi
> is available, attempt to run as a voip gateway and route the call
> to your [desktop|server|voip answering machine service]). oh yeah,
> and it might pull up some kind of audio player so you can hear it ring

Sounds like a plan. But I think scripts of the text form would be a
bit too involved for a phone. I was thinking that there could be a
notification agent in the phone which applies rules and can act on them.

So for instance if you receive a text message containing a word you
could auto-open it or play a sound, display a message. This could
also be used for ringtones, when a certain person calls, maybe add a
date/time condition.

It would be along the lines of email rules, except available to
email, sms and phone calls. It would be a sort of script, but built
in an easy GUI fashion.