projects of interest? - mebot

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 11:39:21 CEST 2007

Ramsesoriginal <ramsesoriginal at gmail.com> wrote :

Just store everything as a
> graph, and Then use one of the many Graph-algorithms out there. I think
> a simple topological sort would be enough for the beginning, then we
> could search something that fits better for us.

I believe most GPS systems use path costing algorithms. Each road will have a time cost in terms of its length and its speed.

The idea of the route planner will be to find the cheapest cost between the two points.

There's a PDF here which has a section about routing algorithms:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pr10/publications/cga00.pdf

---
G O Jones