Hooks in Base Code

Jim McDonald Jim at devzero.net
Thu Jul 19 14:31:38 CEST 2007

kero at chello.nl wrote:
> OK, first time you mentioned Firefox, I thought you meant browser and/or GUI stuff. But you focus on extensions/plugins :)

Sorry yep was thinking of the design philosophy rather than the
specifics.  If I look at my own install I have four of five extensions
(out of a few thousand) that I use and their cumulative impact is to
make Firefox far more useful *to me* than any other browser out there on
the market.
> Any place where you can hook in little snippets of code will do. I think I'll play with a few "modules" I can see interact here (addressbook, agenda, IM client (mostly its away settings); I'll mock them for starters) and how to aggregate the "decisions" from those "modules" on what to do with an incoming call/SMS/... I will use dbus, but that says nothing about the actual format/info sent over that bus. I'll be off-line over the weekend, but with some luck, I'll have a bit of code (i.e. showing format/info) to show Sun or Mon.

Yep I think I'll see if I can grab some time over the weekend to put
together some words and diagrams explaining what I'm thinking about and
how it would fit in to the general 'phone framework.

Cheers,
Jim.