Unusual Bluetooth Gadgets?

Mark Eichin eichin-openmoko at thok.org
Thu Jul 19 17:46:07 CEST 2007

Ben <shadroth at gmail.com> writes:

> On 7/19/07, Mark Eichin <eichin-openmoko at thok.org> wrote:
>> Jeff Rush <jeff at taupro.com> writes:
>> > I was thinking this phone has so many possibilities, and one of them is neat
>> > bluetooth gadgets we could make use of.  But searching I don't see a lot of
>> > innovative bluetooth gadgets to buy.
> It may have something to do with the license fees payable to Sony Ericsson.

That might keep the chipsets expensive, but they're probably going to
be expensive anyway...

>> > Has anyone seen a small bluetooth camera you can wear on your lapel?  Even if
>> > it was the size of a bluetooth earpiece, it would work as a piece of jewelry
>> > on a collar.
>> Not enough bandwidth.
> ??
> Bluetooth 2.0 is 3Mbps.
> Ben

Good point - for a while there Bluetooth 2.0 was "mac-only and thus
irrelevant", I'd missed that it had actually gotten some uptake.  So
far all I can find are pdas/computers, and audio devices taking
advantage of the faster negotiation time (and claiming lower power
use) though.